Thursday, February 16, 2012

Disney Day 4 - January 9, 2012

We spent Monday at Hollywood Studios.  This was the first time I had ever been there so I wasn't sure what to expect.  It ended up being one of our favorite parks!  They have a good mix of adult rides and things for Avery's age. 


The first thing we went to when we got there was the Toy Story ride.  This is the most popular ride at the park so we wanted to make sure we got to ride it before it got super crowded.  So we got there right when the park opened, went straight to the ride, and there was already a 40 minute wait!  Crazy!  But it actually didn't take 40 minutes.  The line moved pretty quickly.  It's a fun ride where you wear 3-D glasses and shoot at targets.  We all really enjoyed it!




In line for Toy Story.  The whole thing is, of course, toy themed so it was good entertainment while we waited in line.


By the way, this was also the day of the Alabama vs. LSU National Championship game.  So you will notice that Adam and Adam Swann have on the Alabama shirts in all of the pictures.  Adam Swann pointed out that I wore a purple shirt and that I also had yellow on my purse so I looked like an LSU fan.  Even though I am an Auburn fan, I promise I did not wear that shirt on purpose!

Next we rode some adult rides.  First, we went to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.  It is an indoor Aerosmith themed roller coaster that starts out going from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds!  At the very end of the 2.8 seconds, I was thinking, "I'm going to be sick!" but then it slowed down to regular roller coaster speed just in time!  The ride is in the dark with black lights and Aerosmith music playing the whole time so it's a really neat ride.

Then we headed over to the other main adult attraction, the Tower of Terror.  Now I will be honest...I wasn't sure if I was going to ride this one.  It really scared me thinking about it!  But I thought I might as well to at least say I did it once.  We got into our "elevator" and they start out the ride nice and slow.  You ride through the building, make your way to the top, and they tell you stories.  Then, once you're at the very top, the doors on the elevator open and you can see outside.  It's really a nice view of the park, but I didn't get to see it long because I closed my eyes!  Then you drop several stories.  Then you go back up and drop again, and again and again!  They say that it's different every time you ride it so that you never know when you're going to drop.  I wasn't my favorite, but I'm glad I rode it!

After this, it was time for our second character dinner of the week.  We went to a restaurant called Hollywood & Vine to have lunch with Disney Junior characters.  I was really looking forward to this because those characters are some of Avery's favorites!  It was a lunch buffet and, once again, the food was really good!

June from the Little Einsteins

Special Agent Oso

Handy Manny

Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates



Avery and Miles.  Miles is about 1 1/2 years old and Avery thinks he's her baby doll :)

Everett, Avery and Miles.  Everett is only about 3 months older than Avery so they have a good time together.

After lunch, we kept exploring Holly wood Studios.

Avery dressed up with Mrs. Laura's scarf





Avery's favorite thing at Hollywood Studios was the Disney Junio Live show.  This was about a 30 minute show with her favorite Disney Junior characters.  Everyone sat in the floor and it was very interactive.  All of the kids, including Avery, sang and danced around the whole time!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Handy Manny

Little Einsteins

Sharky and Bones from Jake and the Neverland Pirates
 
In front of the Muppets fountain

All the guys on some sort of Star Wars thing :) 
So Hollywood Studios was a big hit!  It is definitely somewhere I would love to visit again!

We ended the day watching Alabama beat LSU.  We decided to just watch the game in the hotel room rather than try to go somewhere like ESPN Zone and that ended up being a good decision.  Avery and I actually went to bed before the game was over.  Adam and Adam both had a great time watching it, though :)

No comments: