Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Weekend

We had a busy weekend! As I said in the last post, we went to a Halloween party Saturday night. But we were also busy Friday night and Sunday.

Friday night, we had a get together in honor of Jan Owen, our worship pastor at The Brook. Jan has resigned her position to focus on mission work. We will miss her so much! So Friday was her going away party with the Praise Team (Adam sings on the Praise Team).




Jan has had to buy "church clothes" for her trips (since we are casual at The Brook). Someone gave her this hat to complete her ensembles :)

On Sunday, Adam was kind enough to stay with Avery while I went to a sewing class. I've had a sewing machine for a few years now, but I've never learned how to use it. Now that I have Avery, I want to learn to sew so I can make cute dresses for her. So I signed up for a beginning sewing class at Hancock Fabrics. There were only 2 students in the class...me and a 14 year old girl. She was more advanced than me...she actually knew how to use here machine! Our project for the class was to make a tote bag with pockets using a pattern that the teacher gave us. I thought I did pretty good for my first sewing experience!



5 comments:

David and Blair said...

The bag looks great! I have recently gotten into sewing, but am an amature :) We should exchange sewing tips sometime!

susan said...

I'm so proud of you! The only thing I ever made was a red dress in 7th grade and I've hated sewing ever since! Hope you keep it up!

atyson said...

I am so jealous!! I want to learn to sew so bad. The bag looks awesome!! Hope to get to see y'all this weekend.

Jan Owen said...

I learned to sew for the same reason. But then I had Daniel and he kept taking my machine apart. I finally just gave up!! boys!

Alison said...

PLEASE let me know if you take another class. All I can do is basic stuff and I'm ready to learn more! Your bag looks great!